Re: fetchmail: SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or a stream socket error

2003-01-07 03:18:13
LuKreme <kremels(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com> wrote:

procmail was dropping the messages because they matched the
msgid.cache file, however, fetchmail was consistently dying on the
62nd message for one account.

So, I moved the msgid.cache file to msgid.cache.old and restarted
fetchmail.

Everything worked perfectly and all the messages where downloaded (and
lots of dupes, of course).

The question is WHY?

my caching recipe is pretty basic:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 16384 msgid.cache

I'd say that it's because the W flag told procmail the thing didn't
work, so it sent back a "delivery unavailable" code to procmail.

Note that the lockfile is going to protect the duplicates file
you save to; but that the formail cache is *not* protected by
a lock, and does involve a potentially destructive write operation.

I use a regional lockfile on my dupes snagger for this reason.

--
dman