Incoming mail backup using hard links

2003-01-09 01:56:26
I want to make incoming mail backup by linking (hard link) incoming messages to
some "backup" folder on users home directory. The user's message is in two
places, but it takes only 1*size on filesystem. When user deletes message
from his mailbox(es), he'll still have a copy of mail. After deleting last
instance of massage it'll be finally ereased.

My system uses maildir, so it should be easy to link new message (file)
just to another directory.

Does procmail set some variable with the filename of just created file (in
maildir) ?
I've searched through code for place for creating filename, so if it will
last thing, I'll write some patch to implement it, but maybe there's simplier
way to do this?

--
Daniel Fenert                 --==> daniel(_at_)fenert(_dot_)net <==--
==-P o w e r e d--b y--S l a c k w a r e-=-ICQ #37739641-==