Re: adding missing Message-Id headers

2003-01-12 12:50:25
Zack Brown <zbrown(_at_)tumblerings(_dot_)org> wrote:

A friend of mine has a problem where some email comes into his system
without a Message-Id header. Is there a procmail recipe that can
detect this condition, and add a proper Message-Id before sorting the
mail into folders? I know 'formail -a' will do something like this,
but I don't see a way to incorporate that into a standard procmail
recipe.

I would think the MTA would handle this.  I would also think that
most mail without a Message-ID: is either spam or bulk/commerical
mail (of the desired kind). But whatever.  Certainly formail can
be run from a procmail recipe.  Suggest you read `man procmailex',
and look especially at the first mention of formail in those pages.

--
dman