Re: help with scoring & size condition

2003-01-13 15:40:09
"David W. Tamkin" wrote:
Well, I'm sorry, folks, but I don't see any weighted size conditions
> in that man page where x=0,

Sorry, my bad!  I'd spotted the example with "* -100^3 > 2000" and
just made an assumption about how it would work if x==0 (actually
the 3 had me scratching my head, but i ignored it and just used 0
anyway!).  In my carelessness, i didn't even notice the "Weighted
length conditions" section.  Maybe those formulas scared me away. :)

In any case, I'm sticking with the solution that uses a separate
recipe & a variable, as i can't find values for w and x that provide
the squarish curve i'm looking for.

Would it make any sense to have x=0 be a special case of a scored
length condition, such that it would contribute w to the score iff
the message-length constraint were met?

misconception by guesswork, but I do not see why people are blaming
> the manual pages.

Right, see above.  "Misconception by guesswork" -- i like that
phrase; i might make it my motto. :)

Thanks,
-Matt