RE: help with scoring & size condition

2003-01-13 17:27:18
David W. Tamkin allowed as how:

Vayyikhtabh W. Dallman Ross,

| * -100^3   > 2000
|
| So, as you see, x=3.  I just tried that, and I can get it to
| work, though I don't yet fully understand the mechanism.

How did you try it, and what happened that you call not
getting it to work?
It should divide the size of the message by 2000, cube that,
and subtract 100 times that much from the score.  I cannot
think of any reason one would want to do such a thing, but
that's what that condition would accomplish.

(When someone doesn't get me to work, it means I slept late
and missed my train.)

Thanks for the enlightenment, David.  Get thee to work, now,
though!  Because I said I *could* now get it to work.

I don't know, either, why anyone would want to do it that
way.  But you've helped immensely so far.

--
        "Weltbedenkend, örtlich lenkend!"
                -- Original von Dallman Ross