Re: Similar question on hidden text

2003-01-18 13:02:15
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Jefferis Peterson wrote:
You can't filter on body content can you for "You have been approved" since
it is masked by hidden text.  These seems like a  case for scoring...

It is indeed. I check two things:
30 or more HTML comments NOT at the beginning of a line.
Most legitimate HTML comments are written as separate lines
(MS auto-generate notices, etc). So we simply don't check col 1:

:0 B
* -30^0

I look for HTML comments in the text *within* a link, something not
normally done by any softare/person, except someone trying to mask text:

:0 B

I may have escaped more characters than necesary, but I'm a cautious guy.