Re: restricted form

2003-01-31 09:51:16
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

Using grep?  Sure, see the manpages for it (search for "repetition" operator):

[0-9]{5}

Thanks. I knew I had seen something somewhere!

Using procmail?  Not in the same fashion, because it doesn't support all
the extended regexps (or the POSIX-style character class definitions, which
would be nice).  But, you can use macros if you have a limited number of
variations to deal with:

And, again, thanks.  I hadn't thought of that.  I've broken the "form" up
into three parts so I now have:

* ^Message-ID:[         ]*<$PART1\$$PART2\$$PART3

Much easier to mess with. (I take it the "<" in this instance doesn't
cause problems?)

Possibly.  More likely is that all the spew was simply sent using the same
tool.

And dman's comment about the X-Mailer tag adds to that probability.

I've set this recipe to send results to a separate mailbox where I can
watch it a little closer.

                                - fleet -