writing a 'grepthread' script

2003-02-05 07:51:18
Hi folks,

It would be great if there were a 'grepthread' tool, something like 'grepmail',
except it would output whole threads instead of individual emails, if any
post in that thread contained the target regex.

I know this couldn't work in a single pass, but I wonder if it could
work at all, maybe partly done by procmail and partly done by a script.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I've taken a number of stabs at
it over the years, but never made much headway. It sure would be useful
though.

Be well,
Zack

--