Re: flaky recipe -- too bad it's not for pastries

2003-02-12 14:30:46
Jeff Orrok <jeff(_at_)rt(_dot_)com> wrote:

I have made a few tweaks to my recipes since I posted them, so here
they are again, followed by a typical fragment from the log file.
LOGABSTRACT=on and VERBOSE=on

Glad to see that Don and David were able to see what was wrong
vis-a-vis the `h' flag.  Yes, that does look like the ticket.  Good
going, gentlemen.

  LASTMSG=`echo $LASTFOLDER | sed -e "s#.*/##"`

Now that you clarified what you were doing with sed, I can still
tell you how to do it inside procmail, thus saving the pipe and the
call to sed.

    :0
    * LASTFOLDER ?? /\/[^/]+
    { LASTMSG = $MATCH }

Thank you, I'll try that!

Rereading my recipe, I think it would need to be tweaked further.
The above will only capture what's after the *first* slash.  You
want what's after the last.  I didn't test my suggestion, and I
haven't tested the below, either, but feel better about it.
Sorry for the red herring.

        :0
        * LASTFOLDER ?? ()\/[^/]+^^
        { LASTMSG = $MATCH }

This one should work even if LASTFOLDER is in the current dir, i.e.,
doesn't *have* a slash.

--
dman