Re: How-to Question

2003-02-13 15:36:17
Hello

That worked great. Thanks for the help.

Chris

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 11:15 AM, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 06:40 2003-02-13 -0800, lists(_at_)collins(_dot_)mailshell(_dot_)com wrote:
Hello

A am very new this procamil things and I am liking it very much.

I am trying to do two things and I do not know where to start.

1. Send a copy of the first 30 lines to my mobile device/rim pager and deliver a full copy to my inbox. You can see what I currently have below.

To reduce the likelyhood of a copy/paste error that can ruin your day, you should group the flags adjacent to the conditions/action that they preceed, not the other way around.

# 'c' means copy - so the (unaltered) message also continues along to the
# next recipe
:0c
{
        # b says filter the body, f means filter (change) the message.
        :0bf
        | head -30

        :0
        ! mobileaddress
}

2. Also if possible when I fwd the first 30 lines of the body of the message I would like to ripout/remove all the extra junk in the header. eg. Messages sent to me and Cc to 20 others. I don't want to fwd the 20 others info in the message.

Add the following (or something similar) to the above ruleset, before the forward operation:

        :0fh
        | formail -I"To:" -I"Cc:"

Procmail disclaimer: <http://rd.mailshell.com/www.professional.org/procmail/> disclaimer.html> Please DO NOT carbon me on list replies. I'll get my copy from the list.

Chris Collins