Re: "tofu"?

2003-02-18 13:42:34
* Paul Chvostek <paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca> [02-18-03 15:10]:
On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:33:03PM -0600, David W. Tamkin wrote:

| just my thoughts.  I usually just sit and watch, although I become
| quite frustrated by TOFU and excessive quoting.

Whjile I know what tofu is, I don't recognize its use as an acronym.  What
does it mean, if I may ask?

"Text Oben, Full-quote Unten".  Usenet slang, German for "text above,
full-quote below".  Wasteful, encourages incomplete responses, etc.
Much better to intersperse response blocks with quoted text blocks.
Improves readability, mail moves a little faster....

The bandwidth related arguments are largely spurious these days, but a
few people hang on to them perhaps for the sake of tradition.

*If* you are calling me old, I do not mind, although it is a relative
point.  Tradition is *not* a point.
--
Patrick Shanahan                  Please avoid TOFU and trim >quotes<
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                  Registered Linux User #207535