Re: "tofu"?

2003-02-18 22:50:40
Patrick followed up,

| Notice that your post was *to* the *list* and I responded to the
| *list*.  No more or less.  I saw *no* hint that the post was ?intended?
| to be ??private??.

Yes, exactly.  It was my mistake.  This is the third post, I believe, in which
I'm saying so.  One list member has written to me off-list to say he did
notice the lack of attribution and wondered if perhaps I had meant to send
that privately, but he and I are longtime net.acquaintances.

| I received no *private* reply.

Correct.  I sent to the list by mistake.

| Your 2nd response was also public.

Yes, it was.  That was intentional.

| But you opted to attack my character, to besmear
| my reputation.

I did no such thing.  All along I've said that the mistake was mine.

| No further character assassination is necessary or expected.

None has occurred, and I hope none will.

| The "Reply-To: procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE" header is
| specifically that I do *not* receive dups ...

And that is your right.