newbie needs help with attachment filter

2003-02-18 18:35:49
Hello,

I'm a dabbler in procmail but by no means a proficient user of it. I would
really appreciate some expert help from you guys out there.

I'm testing a procmail recipe in my home folder. It's a .procmailrc file
which is invoked over a .forward file which is also in my home folder.

The purpose of the recipe is to redirect all emails with a .exe, .bat, .scr,
or .pif extension to a file called viruses located in the /home folder.

Whenever an email is sent with an attachment that has one of those
extensions, it works fine. The problem is - if an email isn't sent with one
of those attachments, the log file gives a 'bypassed locking' message.

Here's my configuration information:

Linux version - Red Hat Linux Release 7.1 (seawolf)

Kernel version - 2.4.2-2

Procmail version - 3.14

Locking strategies - dotlocking, fcntl()

Default rcfile - $HOME/.procmailrc

system mailbox - /var/spool/mail/root

.forward file contents -

" | IFS=' ' && P= /usr/bin/procmail && test -f  $P && exec $P -f- || exit 75
# username"

The recipes code -

VERBOSE = yes
MAILDIR= /home/username/mail
LOGFILE= /home/username/log
COMSTAT= no

: 0 HB:
*name=.*\. (exe|bat|scr|pif)
/home/viruses

The log file contents after receiving an email without one of the
extensions-

procmail: Assigning "COMSTAT=no"
procmail: No match on "^Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64"
procmail: Bypassed locking "/var/spool/mail/username.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER= var/spool/mail/jleske"
procmail: Opening "/var/spool/mail/username"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock