Re: newbie needs help with attachment filter

2003-02-19 05:39:54
At 01:13 2003-02-19 -0700, LuKreme wrote:
       <http://www.johncon.com/john/QuarantineAttachments/>

While this page has a great script (and explanation) it also trashes nearly every possible attachemnt someone might want to receive, including bz2, tar, tgz, zip, rar, jpg, gif, and many others. It's a great recipe if you don't wnat any attachments. Otherwise, it's massively large scope makes it, IMO, useless in most real-world situations.

I believe you're overlooking that you can _edit_ that script. The list of extensions is of course useful to anyone interested in performing a simple websearch, but the underlying recipe is of course more the point of mentioning it.

.can .amp .ade .adp .chm .cil, and at least half of the list John defines.

Then investigate them? The large number of the more _obvious_ oversights from ones personal recipes should at least be considered.