POP client (i.e. Outlook 2000) not working with procmail because of file locking??

2003-03-10 14:46:55
Just set up procmail this weekend with a greenlist, etc. My own recipes work
fine. However, I tried SpamBouncer as a plug-in after the greenlist and ran
into a problem as outlined below.

My domain host offers only POP access, not IMAP. With my own procmail
recipes this is OK as I can forward cleared e-mail to my dial-up account.
But SpamBouncer doesn't have provision for forwarding, so I was forced to
get mail by accessing my domain account via Outlook, e.g. POP. This begat
what I assume are file-locking problems--I would get a message from Outlook
that another process had locked my POP account, and a bunch of mails would
wind up stuck on the server with Outlook no longer able to retrieve them.

I have unplugged SpamBouncer for now and am going to try to switch to
SpamAssassin (had to ask my domain host to upgrade a Perl module), since
their add-on recipe allows easy redirects. Any other possible solutions to
this problem? (Of course, I guess I could always contact SpamBouncer and ask
where I'd change their code to put in a redirect--can't be that hard, since
all the code is open.)