Re: Procmail fractional scoring screwed up.

2003-03-10 15:39:20
On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 01:50:39PM -0700, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:

Bart Schaefer wrote:

I got curious and tried this with my procmail 3.22, RH Linux 6.2.
With the same input every time:

Okay, I decided to try some things despite that the moving truck is
arriving in 9 hours and I have to sleep.

I did find something very odd -- but it's not exactly what you or
Brad have described.

My experiments seem to indicate that procmail doesn't handle this
syntax right:

        w^fractional.x  ?? regex

While it does handle this syntax right, I think:

        w^fractional.x ?? > 1

to measure the length only.

Here is what I have:

foo = `yes . | head -16000 | tr -d '\012'` # sixteen thousand dots

VERBOSE=y
:0
* 2^1    foo ?? .
{ }

:0
#* 1^1    foo ?? > 1
* 1^1    foo ?? .
{ }

:0
* 1^.5   foo ?? > 1
#* 1^.5   foo ?? .
{ }

:0
* 1^.54  foo ?? > 1
#* 1^.54  foo ?? .
{ }

:0
* 1^.55  foo ?? > 1
#* 1^.55  foo ?? .
{ }

:0
* 1^.56  foo ?? > 1
#* 1^.56  foo ?? .
{ }

:0
* 1^.6   foo ?? > 1
#* 1^.6   foo ?? .
{ }

:0
* 1^.75  foo ?? > 1
#* 1^.75  foo ?? .
{ }

:0
* 1^.9   foo ?? > 1
#* 1^.9   foo ?? .
{ }

Here is the log:

procmail: Score:   32000   32000 "."
procmail: Score:   16000   16000 "."
procmail: Score:     126     126 "> 1"
procmail: Score:     186     186 "> 1"
procmail: Score:     205     205 "> 1"
procmail: Score:     226     226 "> 1"
procmail: Score:     333     333 "> 1"
procmail: Score:    1422    1422 "> 1"
procmail: Score:    6077    6077 "> 1"

Try uncommenting my comments and see what you get.  I get
only scores of 1 for those!

--
dman