Re: "rom " Versus "From "

2003-03-15 11:25:59
On Friday, Mar 14, 2003, at 18:32 Canada/Mountain, Scott Wiersdorf wrote:
On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 05:05:15PM -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, LuKreme wrote:

OK, I've been seeing this munging of the From line in messages a lot

This is a procmail bug.

Yes, which is why I posted to a procmail list instead of a SpamAssassin list. Besides, I was more looking for methodologies to track this down than for info on why the bug occurs.

I am able to reproduce it in Procmail v3.21 (FreeBSD 4.x) with this:

    :0 fw
    | nonexistent_program

The same recipe does NOT trigger the bug in v3.22.

That's a reason to upgrade to 3.22, although I seem to recall 3.22 had it's own troubles.

--
Everybody hates a tourist, especially one who thinks it's all such a laugh. Yeah, and the chipstains and grease will come out in the bath. You will never understand how it feels to live your life with no meaning or control, and with nowhere left to go. You are amazed that they exist, and they burn so bright whilst you can only wonder why.