Re: Procmail + spamassassin

2003-03-20 09:12:49
On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 07:41:37AM -0800, Tyler F. Creelan wrote:

In the spamassassin manual, the "-e" option is described:

-e, --error-code, --exit-code      Exit with a non-zero exit code for spam

or "-c" for spamc/spamd. I think you could use this in a recipe with,
for example:

:0:
* ! ? spamc -c
$TRASH

although this doesn't seem to work, that is, the condition tests
negative even when spamc returns a non-zero exit code. Any ideas? Is
it not possible to negate a "?" exit code condition?

In any case I think this would work instead:

:0c
| spamc -c
:0e:
$TRASH

or "spamassassin -Pe" (?) if you're not using spamc/spamd.

I used to use something like this, tho I can't remember the exact recipe
now:

:0:
* ! ? $SPAMASSASSIN -e
spam

However I found that spamassassin's exit codes were unreliable.
Sometimes my recipe would exit 0, but when I ran spamassassin from the
cmd line on the same msg, it would exit a non-zero number (ie, spam).  I
could never reproduce this or track it down.  But this happened rarely
and perhaps it's fixed in newer versions.

--
- Matt Dunford <> zoot(_at_)zotikos(_dot_)com ..
-. www.zotikos.com -- o,;-

Fear the Lords who are secret amoung us.
The Lords w/ in us.
Born of sloth & cowardice
    -Jim Morrison