Re: Using Procmail for RBL Blacklists

2003-03-29 03:14:04
At 10:33 2003-03-29 +0100, Ruud H.G. van Tol did say:
The non-local IP-numbers from all Received-headers are collected
in XIP, and then compared to internal IP-number-lists.

BTW, it might make things infinitely more manageable (and distributed) if you maintained a DNS zone containing your own IP addresses, and checked IP addresses against that first, discarding the ones which appear.

I don't personally employ the technique of hunting down through all the previous headers in a message (as an admin of several discussion lists, I can tell you that when ISPs bounce messages because they do that, it's VERY annoying, since they bounce to the listowner), so I can't provide you with a ready made approach to modifying your own recipe to adapt to such an approach, but I felt it warranted mentioning.

Also, for those wishing to obtain possible geographic data (no, not address data, but country of origin), the countries.nerd.dk pseudo-DNSBL may be of interest:
        <http://countries.nerd.dk/more.html>