Re: Using Procmail for RBL Blacklists

2003-03-29 06:12:35
Professional Software Engineering skribis:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:

The non-local IP-numbers from all Received-headers are collected
in XIP, and then compared to internal IP-number-lists.

BTW, it might make things infinitely more manageable (and
distributed) if you maintained a DNS zone containing your own IP
addresses, and checked IP addresses against that first, discarding
the ones which appear.

This procmail-stup is at my ISP's, where I can't run much.

/usr/local/sm.bin# ls -1
cat
formail
lockfile
mail2news
origip.pl
procmail
rblcheck
sed
spamcopreporter
vacation

I don't personally employ the technique of hunting down through all
the previous headers in a message (as an admin of several discussion
lists, I can tell you that when ISPs bounce messages because they do
that, it's VERY annoying, since they bounce to the listowner)

I never bounce. I scan all redirected messages, and if necessary I
adjust the filters for the greenlist (mainly From_ oriented) and the
bulklist (on IP-nr), etc.

, so I
can't provide you with
a ready made approach to modifying your own recipe to adapt to such an
approach, but I felt it warranted mentioning.

I have my ISP's dnsbl configured to add a specific header to all
messages coming from a bl-ed server. That header also tells me in
which bl-list(s) it was, choose from these 23:
(formmail|proxies).relays.monkeys.com
((inputs|proxy|socks|spews).)?relays.osirusoft.com
bl.spamcop.net
relays.ordb.org
(dynablock|(proxies.)?blackholes).wirehub.net
(cn|jp|kr|sg|tw|nlspam).rbl.cluecentral.net
korea.services.net
opm.blitzed.org
(list|multihop).dsbl.org
sbl.spamhaus.org

Only on the messages that are not tagged yet, I do my own
IP-number-checks.

--
Affijn, Ruud

Easy people don't care too much.