Re: problem with procmail

2003-03-29 04:42:43
On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 11:28:02PM -0800, Professional Software
Engineering wrote:

No doubt, deleting the files and restoring them from backups created
them with a fresh, un-fscked-up set of permissions, and that's why
you're suddenly able to process mail successfully.  Of course, having
never declared what the original perms and ownerships were, nobody can
make a comparison, can they?

Yes, I was going to say something similar by way of what might have
happened.

Also, It's not at all clear to me from what Don wrote if he has
grokked that there are more man pages than `man procmail'.  Don,
see, also, `man procmailrc' and `man procmailex', if you haven't
already.

Personally, I find the procmail manpage set much more readable and
helpful than many Unix manpages.

If after you've reviewed [Sean's diags script], you're satisified that
it won't delete the contents of your account, overwrite your kernel,
or forward sensitive files to leet crackers in a third world nation,
you might consider RUNNING the script and reviewing the output.

Yes, I was mildly surprised Don didn't do that (or report it, if he
in fact did).

--
dman