Re: problem with procmail

2003-03-30 13:40:41
On Saturday, Mar 29, 2003, at 15:44 Canada/Mountain, Dan Gahlinger wrote:
        Version? whatever is on the download link at procmail.org
        Perms? default when creating any new file
        Ownership? duhhh
        Path validity? yes
        MTA logs? none, until recently
        MTA reactions? no messages, no delivery, as mentioned

You are basically saying "here's my problem, trust me that none of the details I failed to provide are important." Expreience dictates that the details ARE important. You can say "duh" and "Yes, the paths are valid" but that's pretty much meaningless unless you provide full details. "Yes they are valid" is not "full details"

% ls -l ~/.forward
<listing of the forward file>

% cat .forward
<contents of forward, including a path to procmail>

% ls -l <path to procmail>
<listing of procmail executable>

% procmail -v
< Output of procmail's version>

% cat .procmailrc
[contents of procamilrc, or COMPLETE UNALTERED recipe that is failing]

that's the sort of information you have to provide

Also, attacking one of the few people on this list who will be willing and able to help with basically ANY procmail question is -- well, rhymes with "moopid".

--
Sarah, age 18, says "man, once you go crayola you can't go back."