Re: procmail generates an empty mbox file...

2003-04-04 12:01:48
Matt Thoene wrote:
Uh.  What the hell is a "woody"?  Besides a pecker, that is.
That probably should have read "..on a machine running the Debian
"Woody" release.

Yes it is ! ;-) Debian 3.0r1 "Woody" Release

Bellow is my ~/.procmailrc :

# ~/.procmailrc config file

VERBOSE=no
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
MAIL=$HOME/Maildir/
MAILDIR=$MAIL
ORGMAIL=$MAIL
DEFAULT=$MAIL
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmaillog

That's all... The delivery works effectively and I've no problem : the
emails are delivered in local maildir for each user... except that I
have orphans empty mbox files staying in /var/mail for each of my
users... Then in the mailing list archive I've found that modifying
MAILSPOOLDIR and MAILSPOOLHOME in authenticate.h and then recompiling
procmail should solve this problem... but I'd prefer a config solution
if it exists... (the link about authenticate.h variables :
0064.html )

Thanks for your help... and sorry for my awful english ;-)

--
Guillaume