Re: junk in my headers.

2003-04-16 14:50:28
At 22:39 2003-04-16 +0200, Johann Snyman did say:
Something makes some of my mail headers look like this sometimes:

Better than looking for some way to UF the messages, you should find out what is hosing them in the first place.

Everything after the ); is broken and appears in the body of the
message. I think something inserts a herd return, plus the junk+date.

Well, I'll take a wild guess - there's probably something wrong with your Spamassassin or other filtering you're doing, since the bulk of the lines all appear to be the locally-added variety.

Try this - *BEFORE* any filtering (but after basic variables, such as your MAILDIR are set) in your ~/.procmailrc, add:

:0c:
backup.mbx

Then, the next time one of your messages is hosed, go check for it in your backup, and if it's hosed there as well, then it's coming into your .procmailrc AFU. There may be something in your /etc/procmailrc that hoses it, or in your MTA config, but seeing as absolutely NONE of that was disclosed to us here, we can't really say.

If it ISN'T hosed in your backup, then it's something in *YOUR* procmailrc file. Look for recipes with the 'f' flag.