Newbie researching

2003-04-16 23:02:35
Dear procmail masters,

I'm researching for a program/tool to do mail management. I use sendmail as the MTA running on OSX.

I found out that procmail is the most popular mail filtering tool. I've read the faq, info, including Nancy's web site (an excellent one!!! bravo, nancy!), and still digesting all those info. Maybe you, the master, can enlight me of whether procmail can do what I want .

What I want to do is to be able to sort and archive every incoming mail to my email server. For example, each email to bill, john, and smith, will have a copy send to 'sales' mailbox that act as an archive. Mail to jane and susy will have a copy send to 'accounting', etc. Each respected user will still have their own copy of the email in their own mailbox.

Please advice, and tia.

regards,

idarmadi