Re: Procmail or Fetchmail Problem?]

2003-04-20 06:38:38
* mpierce <mrpierce(_at_)optusnet(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> [04-20-03 05:12]:
Using Debian Woody 3.0 stable system.
 [snip]

Problem, using Evolution1.0.8 as my mail client of choice. Everytime,
I tell Evo to check mail on the account mail.optusnet.com.au, it
always bring downs new mail from the mailing lists i.e., AnchorDesk,
Dell-Laptops, Evolution, Linux Today, etc. I can do this right away
running command 'fetchmail'.

The question is why isn't fetchmail getting this mail or is this a
problem in procmail?

You do not mention how you invoke fetchmail.  If just 'fetchmail' you
are only retrieving your mail that *single* time.  If as 'fetchmail -d
900' the new mail was not available when fetchmail last checked, but
would be retrieved again when fetchmail next checked.

You *should* depend on fetchmail *or* evolution to retrieve your mail,
not both and your mail will not be processed by procmail if you use
evolution.

'man fetchmail' is a *very* complete reference.
--
Patrick Shanahan                  Please avoid TOFU and trim >quotes<
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                  Registered Linux User #207535