RE: Newbie question

2003-04-25 15:03:04
After that, things start getting fuzzy.. What does the three lines
            * $      $SCORE^0
            *     0.0000001^0
            * $ -$THRESHOLD^0
actually do?

Add up scores.

We have weighted condition statements, only the conditions
evaluate to always true, so the scores always get assigned.
You might say they are "unconditional conditions."

$SCORE - $THRESHOLD, + a tiny-number nudge to get
us over the fence when we're standing balanced on top of it.

If weighted conditions sum to > 0, the recipe will
succeed and the action line will be invoked.

Do take a quick skim of `man procmailrc'.

Many many thanks for responding in the first place. :)

You're welcome, but I wish to keep the discussion on-list,
so all may share in the brainstorming.  You won't mind if
I copy the list back, right?

Dallman

--
"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead to
anywhere."