smrsh like feature in procmail

2003-04-28 04:08:06
hello,

I want to run an external script from procmail, (I know how to use pipes with procmail....) but my procmail is compiled to not allow regular users to run scripts (for security reasons) I don't want to downgrade my security - but I want to let users run specific scripts from a specific dir (like smrsh in sendmail) I found an old patch for this at http://mirror.ncsa.uiuc.edu/procmail/patches/smrsh-like.patch it looks very well and it's working but it's for a very old version of procmail (3.11pre7 -1997/04/28 !!!).

is this feature already implemented in recent version of procmail ?
is there around a patch for this feature for last procmail version ?

I looked for info in man pages and FAQ - and found nothing..

thanks

--Yedidia Klein