Re: smrsh like feature in procmail

2003-04-28 09:28:38
On 28 Apr, Yedidia Klein wrote:
| hello,
|
| I want to run an external script from procmail, (I know how to use pipes
| with procmail....)
| but my procmail is compiled to not allow regular users to run scripts
| (for security reasons)
| I don't want to downgrade my security - but I want to let users run
| specific scripts from a specific dir (like smrsh in sendmail)
| I found an old patch for this at
| http://mirror.ncsa.uiuc.edu/procmail/patches/smrsh-like.patch it looks
| very well and it's working but it's for a very old version of procmail
| (3.11pre7 -1997/04/28 !!!).
|
| is this feature already implemented in recent version of procmail ?
| is there around a patch for this feature for last procmail version ?

Try http://www.ee.ucr.edu/~isaldana/procmail/index.html

This was announced here a couple weeks (months?) ago.  Note: I haven't
used it and know nothing about it.  I just have the url and it may be
what you're looking for.  IIRC, it's a port of the patch you found,
with some additional features.

--
Email address in From: header is valid  * but only for a couple of days *
This is my reluctant response to spammers' unrelenting address harvesting