procmail and not-for-mail messaged

2003-05-19 09:25:45
hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this problem, but after
having read through many (proc)mail FAQs that did not resolve my
problem, maybe somewhere out there can help me:

What I have is a mail2news gateway (our internal news server works as a
storage place for some mailing-lists).

I've set up some nice procmail-recipies that transfer messages from the
mailing-lists to our internal newsgroup, eg.:

-------CUT-------
#grsecurity
:0:
* ^TOgrsecurity(_at_)grsecurity(_dot_)net
| /usr/bin/mail2news -a spamtrash2(_at_)vibe(_dot_)ac -n grsecurity
-------CUT-------

This way, 99% of all messages make it correctly into our local
newsgroups.

But still some messages don't, they end up in the maildrop file.

One clue I have found so far is that all have a "Path: not-for-mail" or

And here comes my question:

Is procmail ignoring messages with such a "not-for-mail" header and if
so, can it be forced to process them despite? And if not, any other
ideas?

thanks

udo

--
  "Well, if we were to build it idiot proof,
        someone would build a better idiot."