Procmail being used as a content filter

2003-05-19 09:25:45
Hi,

We have an exchange 2000 server here and I would like to introduce a
linux based server inbetween it and the internet to act as a content
filter and spam filter.

I have been told that this can be done with procmail, but being new to
linux i dont know if it can or can't.

Can anyone confirm that procmail can be configured so that it can
compare emails to a set of prefined rules, and then forward them on (or
not) to their original destination? Ideally, someone should be able to
be informed of the any emails that fail the rules.

Can this be done ?

Oliver Marshall