procmail suggestion (Was: Re: 'fh' flag combo)

2003-07-10 16:23:39
Thus spake Professional Software Engineering
(PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org) [10/07/03 18:47]:
Suggestion: avoid specifying flags which are not needed.  Some time from
now, you or the poor sod who has to maintain this code will be trying to
figure out why certain flags were specified.

Point well taken.  I initially wrote these recipies about a year and a half
ago, when I was still relatively new to procmail.  I'll pull them out in two
moments.

'H' isn't applicable here, on two counts:

        1. You're not providing any condition lines, so it isn't applicable
        2. It is the default - the only time you should need to provide 'H'
                is in conjunction with 'B', because in the absense of H or
                B, H defaults.

I /am/ actually using condition lines, but since they *are* only header
checks, the H is extraneous, correct.

  - Damian