Re: Procmail

2003-07-17 11:16:29
At 23:07 2003-07-16 -0700, James Burlington wrote:
Any email from me to the list is considered spam, can
someone explain why?

Nope, esp. since you're not providing the message you're receiving from which you're getting the impression that your mail is considered spam. From a recent post by someone else complaining of having had their mail queued for admin approval is representative, then the bounce would have had a line such as:

Your mail to 'procmail' with the subject

Followed by a brief explanation of the reasoning. That might include a SPECIFIC reference to "suspicious header". Subject: and From: are headers, but beyond those two, there's a lot of headers you don't exert much direct control over.

I don't remember posting anything off topic.

One (of many) possibility is that your ISP is (was) on a blacklist, and the procmail list admin (WHO IS NOT, AFAIK, A LIST PARTICIPANT), has set up a rule to block based on DNSBLs of mailhosts through which a message passed. I can't say.

If the message indicated that there were suspicious headers, check out the headers of your message WHEN you receive a bounce (send a message to yourself at an account with a different ISP, then check each relay host in a DNSBL checker).

Contacting list administrator at his email address is
useless since probably he is seeing a spam alert
instead of a message.

BUT, if you're capable of posting to this list today, perhaps from an alternate account, then you should be able to contact the listadmin via that same address. OR, if you're using the original address, and this message has passed through without generating a bounce, then why shouldn't it reach the admin.

I'm not familiar with the list software used on this list, but IME, the listowner address is rarely subjected to ALL the same filters that the list submission address is.

Should the listadmin be reading this - I applaud the efforts to reduce the amount of "drive by" spams sent to the procmail list.