email -> on call paging & escalation?

2003-07-17 09:18:43
Hi All,

My boss has asked me to develop an email to pager gateway which does
escalation.  The pagers have email addresses, and can reply to messages
they receive.  Basically it pages the first person, they have 15 minutes
to reply and if they don't, it pages the next person and so on.

I was figuring on doing this via procmail and some perl scripts, but I
figure someone must already have something that does this.  I've asked
around all my IT buddies and most say their companies developed it in
house, but surely there has to be some free or commerical software that
does this.

If anyone knows of software that does this, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks,
Aaron

--
Aaron Turner <aturner at pobox.com|synfin.net>  http://synfin.net/aturner
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin