Procmail as LDA: quotas, ignoring aliases on sendmail

2003-07-17 11:44:48
Two part question:

One, when using procmail as the LDA, if the user is over quota, all I see
for the error is 'Can't create output'.  Is there any way to have procmail
be a little more specific in its error message?  I remember seeing something
about this before, but a quick Google search doesn't show anything.

Secondly...

We have a setup where our final resting place (host 'mail') will, under
certain circumstances, punt mail out to another mailserver, and it will be
sent back in to the host mail.  However, it's sent to a specific hostname
that uses a custom mailer called 'local_noalias', that only runs mail.local.

I've tried re-mapping the mailer from local_noalias to procmail in
mailertable, but I continuously get bounces like:

    <test(_at_)proctest(_dot_)sentex(_dot_)ca> (reason: Can't create output)

That's about all that I see in the maillogs, and I don't see anything at all
in the procmail log.

I've just made the switch to use procmail as the LDA, but it (obviously)
isn't called when mail is submitted via local_noalias.  Is there a way to
set up procmail with sendmail such that procmail ignores the alias table?

TIA...