Re: How can I properly detect and handle wrapping?

2003-07-27 16:38:08

--- Professional Software Engineering
<PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org> wrote:
At 13:44 2003-07-25 -0700, James Burlington wrote:
Is there another list or a web site that I can read
about this, since no one is willing to help here?

Perhaps nobody has the time at this moment to drop
what they're doing to
explain it to you.  I know that I've spent much of
the past week dealing
with answering other people's questions (elsewhere)
for nothing in return
-- perhaps other people have this same malady.

An attitude like the one you're expressing above
_will_not_ result in the
type of response you seek.

What attitude?
Asking a question is an "attitude" now?

Good grief.

Excuse me if hurt someone's feelings by asking a
question of a mailing list which is supposed to be for
helping.

It's nobody's job here
to ensure that you get a
reply to your question right away.

Who said it is somebody's job?
All I asked is a question and there was nothing in the
documentation that covers it, waited for some
reasonable time and asked again, there was no response
all this time while other posts are still flowing to
the list, I call things as I see them, and when I see
no reply, this tells me that my question will not be
asnswered therefore I asked where can I look for more
info.

Below is
something to start with - it's
*ALL* I'm going to contribute.

Gee thanks.

got through, viewing message source shows this.

2" height=3D"210"></a><map name=3D"FPMap0"><area
href=3D"http://advertiseddo=
main.com/p.htm" shape=3D"rect" coords=3D"4, 5,
152,
51">

Well, you'll need to run it through a demime utility
to eliminate the MIME
quoted-printable character escapes (those =3D for
instance).  Procmail does
*NOTHING* for MIME messages - the content that
procmail is looking at is
the binary exact of the message as received by the
server.

try running:

'apropos mime'

at a shell prompt on your host.

The following, while unbelieveably inefficient,
should manage to match:

:0
* B ?? (a\>*d\>*v\>*e\>*r\>*t\>*i\>*s\>*e\
         \>*d\>*o\>*m\>*a\>*i\>*n\>*\.\>*c\>*o\>*m)
$ignore

I realize that this is probably caused by
wrapping,
and possible spammer is doing that intentionally
avoid content filtering, and looked into the man

Pump the message through an external process to
clean up the MIME encoding,
and return the message body into a variable, which
you can then do matches
against:

CLEANBODY|=mimencode -q -u

:0
* CLEANBODY ?? advertisedomain\.com
$ignore

If you need something more complex than this, just
write the shell script
or external program to massage the message as
needed.  Or find someone and
pay them to do it for you.

  Procmail disclaimer:

<http://www.professional.org/procmail/disclaimer.html>
  Please DO NOT carbon me on list replies.  I'll get
my copy from the list.