Lock failure

2003-08-08 06:06:42
Hi,

I'm having some trouble with procmail.

I'm writing a statistical spamfilter, and once in a while I send 100'eds of
mail to myself to test it.

I use fetchmail to get it from the local sendmail-setup, but it crashes
after about 300-400 mails saying "SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or a stream
socket error".

The procmail-logfile looks like this:

[..snip...]
procmail: Lock failure on "/tmp/spamwizard.lock"
procmail: Error while writing to "formail"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
procmail: Lock failure on "/tmp/spamwizard.lock"
procmail: Error while writing to "formail"
[...snip...]

, my .procmailrc file:

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail/procmail.log_`date +%Y-%m-%d`
LOGABSTRACT=no
VERBOSE=off

INCLUDERC = /etc/spamwizard/procmail/spamwizard.rc

and the recipe:

:0fw: /tmp/spamwizard.lock
| formail -s /root/projects/Spam-filter/spamwizard-0.16/spamwizard.pl

Do you guys see any reason for this happening? I'm open to the possibility
that my spamwizard.pl script might be hogging resources, but it should
only be running one instance at a time anyway. Why the problem with the
lockfile??

Regards
Frode Lillerud, Norway