Re: Special trigger subject?

2003-08-13 10:37:13
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Dragoncrest wrote:

Is there a way that I can setup procmail so that anyone sending me mail
who has something like "[x-no-spam]" in their subject line will be
totally ignored by the filters and all their mail will immediately be
filed in my inbox?

Yes, but that's not necessarily the best way to approach this:

Reason I ask is I'm starting to get mail from friends and family that is
being filtered out by SA because their email is being tagged with stupid
promotional spam stuff from their ISP.

If you don't yet have SpamAssassin 2.55, get it.

Then either feed some sample messages from your friends & family through
"sa-learn --ham", or use the "whitelist_from_rcvd" directive to lower the
scores of known senders.  I suggest using 2.55's whitelist_from_rcvd
rather than 2.43's whitelist_from because the latter is more susceptible
to sender forgery.

(You need at least 200 sample spams and 200 sample hams to feed sa-learn
before it will begin to have any effect, so whitelist_from_rcvd is the
more immediate solution.)