Re: Reforwarding mail.

2003-08-24 11:48:26
At 13:38 2003-08-24 -0400, Homer Wilson Smith wrote:

    Probably doing this wrong, cuz still using 8.8.8 :)

That'd be _sendmail_ 8.8.8? You _REALLY_ should update, or ensure that bugger is well patched.

   From  root(_at_)smtp0(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com

    Any way to avoid this?

Uhm, don't use an LDA to do the job of an MTA?

Procmail is a LOCAL delivery agent. When you use it to redeliver mail elsewhere, it isn't LOCAL anymore. Thus, it isn't unreasonable to expect headers to change.

You could preserve the original envelope sender data and invoke sendmail from within the procmail script:

# grab the address from the original envelope
:0
{
        ORIGINAL_ENVELOPE=$MATCH

| $SENDMAIL $LOGNAME(_at_)pop(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com -f $ORIGINAL_ENVELOPE

Provided that you're doing this from /etc/procmailrc, you should still have elevated privledges, and sendmail should have 'root' or 'smptd' or whatever user you're running sendmail as listed as a "trusted" user, which will permit the -f argument to work without emiting a warning into the headers of the message.

Ultimatley though, if you need to redirect mail as a matter of course for a whole class of recipients, you should spend some time reading up on sendmail configuration.