Re: Reforwarding mail.

2003-08-25 17:22:52
    Probably doing this wrong, cuz still using 8.8.8 :)

That'd be _sendmail_ 8.8.8?  You _REALLY_ should update, or ensure that
bugger is well patched.

    Yes, very well patched, many times :0

# grab the address from the original envelope
:0
* ^From \/[^    ]+
{
         ORIGINAL_ENVELOPE=$MATCH

| $SENDMAIL $LOGNAME(_at_)pop(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com -f $ORIGINAL_ENVELOPE

Provided that you're doing this from /etc/procmailrc, you should still have
elevated privledges, and sendmail should have 'root' or 'smptd' or whatever
user you're running sendmail as listed as a "trusted" user, which will
permit the -f argument to work without emiting a warning into the headers
of the message.

Ultimatley though, if you need to redirect mail as a matter of course for a
whole class of recipients, you should spend some time reading up on
sendmail configuration.

     Yes.  This is a quick fix until we are 8.12 ready.  Procmail
allows us to call spam assassin, and our own in house anti spam
thing before delivering the e-mail to the pop server.

     It's a kludge but it works for now.

     thanks for the help.