Re: Procmail needs reference rules?

2003-09-11 00:05:02
ANT is a java based make..

In any case you define rules and give them ids and when you wish to use those rules you can refer to them by id.

the design is quite elegant.

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 12:20 PM, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 11:21 2003-09-11 +0700, Robert Nicholson wrote:
That doesn't really have the same affect .... That enables you to store rules in one file.

I would rather see something like how ANT defines "ref" and "refid" attributes.

I don't know what ANT is, but procmail is how procmail is, and reuseable code is done through INCLUDERC files. Using a few variables and an includerc file which reacts differently based on those variables can allow you a fair amount of code reuseability.

Procmail disclaimer: <http://www.professional.org/procmail/disclaimer.html> Please DO NOT carbon me on list replies. I'll get my copy from the list.