Re: Passing variables (new term for it?)

2003-09-13 21:12:17
At 12:42 -0500 13-09-2003, David W. Tamkin wrote:
LuKreme wrote:

I do a lot of checking in /etc/procmailrc and as part of the checking
I use the following:

[code from /etc/procmailrc that assigns and logs some variables]

However, when I try to use the "$UNAME" or $SUBJECT in a .procmailrc,
the variables are unassigned.  Is there 1) something I am doing wrong
2) some way for those variables to persist to the user's own
.procmailrc?

Maybe it's a bug. The value of PATH is supposed to change when procmail moves from /etc/procmailrc to ~/.procmailrc, but no other variables should be affected.

Is the LOG assignment happening? If not, maybe /etc/procmailrc is getting skipped entirely because there's a named rcfile on procmail's command line.

The LOG assignment is happening, which is how I know for certain that ll the variables are beign set.

 > I hate to duplicate the code into every .procmailrc.

If it does come to that, you won't have to duplicate all the code in every .procmailrc, just in one file of its own that the .procmailrc files can call as an INCLUDERC.

Ah, yes.  Good point.

--
| kremels(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com | www.suthgaylord.com | www.david-dodge.com |