Re: Trouble with a recipe

2003-10-08 18:40:27
On  8 Oct, Damian Gerow wrote:
| [...]
| I've been working with Jason off-list through a bunch of things.  We've
| cleaned up his recipes, but what it amounts to is that whenever we send mail
| /to/ spamcop(_at_)localhost (via '!spamcop'), the mail system seems to throw
an
| error about a mail loop, but delivers the bounce /to/ spamcops folder.
|
| [...]
|
| We've tried sending to 'spamcop' and 'spamcop(_at_)localhost'.  What we
haven't
| tried is 'spamcop(_at_)$mydomain', but it appears that's what 'spamcop' is
| expanded into.

I still thinks it's a postfix issue and it sounds similar to the
sendmail FAQ I sent earlier. If it were a loop created in procmail
(without loop detection) it would go ahead and loop.  You'd get messages
delivered as fast as the software can handle it.  I know because I've
done it.  A couple thousand messages can be sent very quickly. ;-)

Is the machine the messages are forwarded to configured to accept local
mail (i.e. w/o fully qualified domain?)

Is it supposed to accept mail from localhost?

Is all this taking place on the same host?

The original message indicated a procmail recipe that forwarded
specifically to spamcop(_at_)courtesymortgage(_dot_)com(_dot_)  The postfix log
entries
indicated messages to and from spamcop(_at_)acme(_dot_)com(_dot_)

How did those change and what is the relationship between the two
domains?

However/whenever those domain names are rewritten, is the receiving MTA
configured to accept mail to the rewritten domain?  (Hint: If the
machine is not configured to accept messages to user(_at_)domain(_dot_)tld, but
is
expecting user(_at_)host(_dot_)domain(_dot_)tld, you have the problem described
in the
sendmail FAQ.)

Are you sure the messages are being forwarded to the postfix server you
think they are?

--
Email address in From: header is valid  * but only for a couple of days *
This is my reluctant response to spammers' unrelenting address harvesting