Re: Trouble with a recipe

2003-10-09 09:15:35
Thanks for the input. I've had someone really helping me with this, but we keep running into a mail loop, and we are wondering if the problem is due to postfix.

Answer to your questions:

>Is the machine the messages are forwarded to configured to accept local
>mail (i.e. w/o fully qualified domain?)

The mail server that procmail is running on, is setup to deliver mail locally. All email comes in from a mail gateway server and is delivered locally on my actual mail server. I've tested just sending a normal, plan email through procmail, and it gets delivered correctly.

Is it supposed to accept mail from localhost?

Yes.

Is all this taking place on the same host?

Yes, the actual mail server itself.

The original message indicated a procmail recipe that forwarded
specifically to spamcop(_at_)courtesymortgage(_dot_)com(_dot_)  The postfix log
entries
indicated messages to and from spamcop(_at_)acme(_dot_)com(_dot_)

That was my fault...everything should be going to
spamcop(_at_)courtesymortgage(_dot_)com

How did those change and what is the relationship between the two
domains?

See above. My fault. :/

However/whenever those domain names are rewritten, is the receiving MTA
configured to accept mail to the rewritten domain?  (Hint: If the
machine is not configured to accept messages to user(_at_)domain(_dot_)tld, but
is
expecting user(_at_)host(_dot_)domain(_dot_)tld, you have the problem described
in the
sendmail FAQ.)

Are you sure the messages are being forwarded to the postfix server you
think they are?

Procmail is working for everything, except when I try and forward it to the spamcop account. Damian has been really helping me try and fix this thing, but to of no avail.

Recently, we made some changes and the procmail delivered a message to the spamcop account, saying the message could not be delivered due to a mail loop. At the bottom of the email, was in fact, the test email I sent though...so im confused a bit.

Thanks for everyones help.

Jason