removing text from subject

2003-10-13 08:56:58
My ISP is running SpamAssassin, but doesn't give their users the ability
to turn it off or adjust the scores (or run sa-learn).   Currently, I
just take the message and put it into a different mbox.

Here is the .procmailrc script I have now:
# set some default values
#
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail          # this assumes the pine default for folders
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log  # recommended
LOGABSTRACT=off
VERBOSE=on

# Check to see if SpamAssassin at GKG.net marked it
# if so, put it into a folder named "Filtered"
:0:
* ^Subject:.\*\*\*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*\*\*
Spam/Filtered

Rather than just dump this into a different mbox, I would like to just
strip out the marker they add to the subject line (*****SPAM*****) so
that it's "clean" and leave it in my regular INBOX.

But I'm not sure of how to use procmail to simply remove that text.

--\x81

Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris-barnes(_at_)tamu(_dot_)edu                            Yahoo IM:
chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager                               ph: 979-845-7801
Department of Physics                                 fax: 979-845-2590
Texas A&M University