Re: procmail seems to not work consistently

2003-11-05 11:04:51
procmail(_at_)deliberate(_dot_)net wrote:

<> On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:43:18 -0500, R A Lichtensteiger wrote:
<> =>   a="[a(/\)@]"

<>      In other words, your variable "a" above consists of these characters:
<>              "a", "(", "/", "\", ")" and "@"
<> I think that you are assuming incorrectly that "/\" is defined in this class
<> because you surrounded it with parens.  Sorry. You could get the result you
<> apparently want with:
<>      a = "(a|/\|@)"

Don,

Arrgh. I disbelieved your statement, so I went and stuffed the right
bits into a test harness (Well, actually, I went away and goofed off
on a sailboat for a week and THEN stuffed it into a harness <g>).

Don is correct and I'm an ass for expecting the paren-wrapper to do
what I wanted rather than testing it first.

Thanks,

Reto
--
R A Lichtensteiger       rali(_at_)tifosi(_dot_)com

"Admiral Lucas, we're ready to engage the hype space engines!"