Re: Procmail on Redhat 7.3

2003-11-05 12:36:25
Turns out it was a permissions issue.  Thanks to the
procdiag script from
http://www.professional.org/procmail/disclaimer.html I
was able to fix it.  (Just wish I had found that
sooner.)

Thanks.

--- "Dustin P. Reiner" <dpreiner(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
It appears as though procmail is not getting invoked
my sendmail on my Redhat 7.3 server.  It is a stock
install, with the sendmail, fetchmail and procmail
provided by Redhat.  I disabled smrsh in the
/etc/mail/sendmail.rc file and regenerated the
/etc/sendmail.cf.  My .procmailrc looks like this:

SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
PROGRAM_DIR=/home/*username*/*programpath*
:0
* ^From(_dot_)*user(_at_)emailaddress
{
        :0 c
        |/path/to/progran

        :0
        /home/*username*/Mail/archive
}

fetchmail downloads the messages and dumps them into
/var/spool/mail/*username*, and procmail is never
invoked.  I have read though all the web pages I
could
find, and everything is setup as it should be
(including the group file permissions on the home
dir).  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.