Re: Final: Re: GREPing files in procmail conditions

2003-12-10 01:48:46
On 09 Dec 2003, at 21:08, Ralf Hagen wrote:
Lukreme, your message would of course be valid if my system were on a SMTP-connection (which it is not; I am receiving my mail via UUCP, and so cannot just refuse mails on delivery).

But you can't BOUNCE them after they've been delivered (and by the time you get them, they've been delivered). Especially not when 99% of the spam out there has forged (or joe-job or innocents) in the From: Your bounce will simply turn out to be effectively helping a DDoS attack again some other person.

--
"Here comes sunrise. Yeah, here's your sunrise. I used to hide from the sun, tried to live my whole life underground, why'd you have to rise and ruin all my fun? Just turn over; close the curtains on the day."