Procmail newbie - Need some direction.

2004-01-13 15:32:37
I have a new network appliance that sends audio files
(Voice Mail) as e-mail attachments.  The problem is
that it sends it in .wav format, I cannot change
anything at this point.  Wav files will take up too
much space on my server.

What I am trying to figure out is how to:

1. Detach the .wav file to somthing like $HOME/wav and
pass the attachments name to a perl script.

2. I can take care of the encoding myself.

3. Replace the wav attachment as the new mp3
attachment.

I am not sure that procmail is the tool that I need to
use.  Can anyone make any recommendations?  I have
been reading through the FAQ's and the docs, I can
detach the attachment, but I do not know how to
replace the attachment.

Thanks.