Re: Calling a java program handding over a tiff attachment (s)

2004-01-18 04:33:51
Ted I. Weitz MD wrote:

Dear all,
I am new to this list so please ignore my ignorance.

Next time, please post  in text/plain only ? Thanks :)

I am developing a java program to interact with users via e-mail. We use Procmail on the server here so I am looking for a way that my program would be called from - interfaced with Procmail. I am getting a tiff attachment with the mail so I want to call a java program handing over this tiff attachment

The way I would approach this, is automatically save the tiff attachments and then pass the filename of the attachment to your java program, so it can then do its own magic on the picture.

Picked this from the archives, it's about automatically saving  attachments:

http://info.ccone.at/INFO/Mail-Archives/procmail/Jul-2002/msg00324.html

HTH & HAND  !

--
Simple guidelines to happiness: